Welcome to The Book Blogger Test. The rules are simple: Answer the questions truthfully and then tag five other bloggers. I am going to be lame and not tag people, though. Feel free to copy, though! And, tag back if you want. I’d love to see your answers if you take the test. This will be an anniversary post, but the answers more general.
* What are your top three book pet hates?*
1.) Whiny main characters. You know the ones. The ones where they lament about how terrible their life is and don’t change a thing. Or, how a crush doesn’t notice them. Blah blah blah. I can’t relate to those. I want a protagonist I can relate to. He/she has to be realistic enough that I can see myself either in them or as a friend.
2.) For YA novels specifically, first love that is MAJOR. He/she is the one for me. Nope, that is indeed rare and you will most likely not end up with the person. I loved Eleanor and Park, for example, because it had realistic love. It started off slow, steady, and wasn’t intense and didn’t swallow the characters whole.
3.) Abusive characters. In any way. Even if it is conducive towards the plot. Just no. Unless it is Fight Club. Then, maybe. Otherwise, no.
* Describe your perfect reading spot.*
– On my couch. That’s where I spend a majority of my free time. Not just to watch TV which I don’t actually do for the most part any more. I mostly blog on my couch. Bounce on my couch. Listen to music on my couch. And READ ON MY COUCH! It’s comfy, convenient, and puts me in a good mood. It’s the best place in the house. I’m not into my bedroom like most people. I’m into my couch. Just my couch.
* Tell us three book confessions.*
1.) I don’t like going into libraries for some reason. I don’t like my town one. It’s small, most of the librarians there are mean or rude, or both. The YA selection is just OK. I can find some books but I’m never as satisfied as I am going to a bookstore.
2.) I spend too much time going to chain bookstores rather than independent bookstores and for that I bow my head in shame. I am trying to go to more local ones but they are not as close as the Barnes and Noble is. Plus, there are more discounts. Still, I want to support indies more. Again, I bow my head in shame.
3.) I rarely read even my favorite books more than once. There are only a handful I have read a couple to a few times. Perks of a Wallflower being one of them.
* When was the last time you cried during a book?*
-This morning, finishing an ARC of Falling into Place by Amy Zhang. The topic was very personal for me in many ways I won’t get into detail about. So, I was crying yesterday reading it and today as I finished it. The feelings I had. So real, raw, and almost indescribable. A full review will be made available in September when the book is released.
* How many books are on your bedside table?*
-Just my Nook. And a whole lotta notebooks and planners. I’m a writter after all.
* What is your favourite snack whilst your reading?
-I’m not a big snacker at all. So, none would be my answer.
* Name three books you would recommend to everyone.
1.) The Perks of Being A Wallflower
2.) The Museum of Intangible Things
3.) Falling into Place
*Show us a picture of your favourite bookshelf on your bookcase.*
*Write how much books mean to you in just three words.*
– More fun therapy.
*What is your biggest reading secret?*
– I don’t read everyday. I try, but I often binge read and spend so much time in a row reading that I get overwhelmed the next day to do it all over again. It’s hard enough reading two books a week for me.
Well, there you have it. I hoped you had fun reading it. I hope to see some of your answers. Please feel free to post in the comments section. Don’t forget to look at yesterday’s post and enter the giveaway again at a chance at four fabulous giveaways! The giveaway is a link at the bottom.